How NutriShield Helps Reduce Fatigue
As we age, accumulative damage to mitochondria makes them up to 50% less efficient at turning food into energy1.
NutriShield supports healthy mitochondrial function in two ways:
1. By including magnesium, CoQ10, Omega 3 and B vitamins. The B vitamin complex in NutriShield is at a level to make a real difference in energy output.
CoQ10 helps make energy in cells but levels declines as we get older. So we have added extra CoQ10.
Omega 3 is an important component in healthy mitochondrial cell walls, so we include 1,000mg of purified, sustainably sourced fish oil with high EPA and DHA content.
We also include the carotenoids lutein and lycopene and resveratrol from bilberry extract, because they support and help repair mitochondria.
2. By including vitamin B3 in nicotinamide form to boost NAD+2.
A molecule called NAD+. or in its full form Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide, is a high energy molecule generated from food intake.
NAD+ is essential for life, the creation of energy and can ‘significantly restore mitochondrial function4. But it declines as we get older.
You cannot supplement directly with NAD+ because it breaks down in the gut. So we have added extra vitamin B3 as Nicotinamide – which is a precursor to the production of NAD+.
There are various forms of vitamin B3 that do that – including Nicotinamide Riboside (NR), Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) and Nicotinamide itself.
NutriShield already contains Nicotinamide and other nutrients that have a synergistic effect on energy. We do NOT recommend Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) as it has not been approved as safe by the European Food Safety Agency.
However, if you regularly feel tired and want an even further boost to your cellular energy levels, do check out our exciting new product NR+A – Nicotinamide Riboside plus Apigenin. NR+A Nicotinamide Riboside + Apigenin - NutriShield
No one nutrient on its own is going to make a big difference to your health – it’s the synergistic impact of many working together that is key to health.
- Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Chronic Disease: Treatment With Natural Supplements (nih.gov)
- NAD⁺ repletion improves mitochondrial and stem cell function and enhances life span in mice - PubMed (nih.gov)
- Early Time-Restricted Feeding Improves Insulin Sensitivity, Blood Pressure, and Oxidative Stress Even without Weight Loss in Men with Prediabetes - ScienceDirect
- Insulin resistance and Alzheimer's disease pathogenesis: potential mechanisms and implications for treatment - PubMed (nih.gov)